Shimmering Snowflake Tree Cake
A sculpture of dainty royal icing snowflakes adorns this stunning cake creation. Set atop the Scrollwork Cake Stand, this cake makes a fabulous centerpiece for any winter celebration!
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- 13 in. Scrollwork Cake Stand or any otherEasy-Add 13 in. Scrollwork Cake Stand Add to shopping list 13 in. Scrollwork Cake Stand
- Easy-Add 13 in. Cake Stand Add to shopping list 13 in. Cake Stand
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Dowel Rods (13 inches long)Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- 13 in. diameter craft block
- Waxed paper
Make several copies of patterns and cover with waxed paper. Using royal icing and tip 2, pipe seventeen whole, seventy-three 3/4-size and fourteen 1/2-size snowflakes. Make double amount to allow for breakage; let dry. Cut top tier lollipop sticks: one at 8 in., eight each at 6 in. and 4 in. Attach a whole snowflake to each stick with royal icing. Insert in craft block to dry.
Ice 1-layer cakes smooth in buttercream and prepare for stacked construction. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders. Insert whole snowflakes on sticks in cake, following placement pattern.
Attach 3/4-size snowflakes 3/4 in. apart on edge of top cake, using tip 2 and royal icing. Repeat process on edges of other two cakes, positioning 3/4-size snowflakes between those on the previous cake. Place cake on stand. Position 1/2-size snowflakes on crystal-look plate.