She's an Angel Cake
The Classic Wonder Mold cake, used for the always-popular princess cake, reaches new heights. We’ve added curling ribbon feathers, plastic scroll wings, even a golden halo to create this heavenly look suitable for tots to teens!
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Wonder Mold Kit Add to shopping list Wonder Mold Kit
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Scrolls Add to shopping list Scrolls
- Easy-Add 11 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 11 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 30 ft. White Curling Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- 6 in. Gold cord
- Cellophane Tape
Note: We recommend making this cake from a firm batter such as pound cake.
Ice bottom of skirt with spatula using swirling motion. Insert doll pick in cake. Use Tip 3 to cover bodice of dress with zigzag motion (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Build up icing on shoulders with Tip 3. Pipe Tip 349 pull-out leaves on shoulders to resemble feathers. Cut curling ribbons to assorted lengths ranging from 3 to 9 inches. Curl and attach to skirt with buttercream. Pipe Tip 349 leaves on dress skirt and ribbons. Pipe Tip 47 smooth side up waistband on dress.
To assemble wings, use 5 scrolls for each side. Hot glue overlapping scrolls to lollipop sticks; make 2. Insert wings into back of doll skirt.
Position gold cord in circle shape and tape; position on head for halo.