Shell in Shades Easter Egg
Create this rockin’ dude with cool rolled fondant details! Use a fondant/Gum-Tex mixture and our Decorative Press Set to make this hard-cooked egg’s hair stand on end.
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (1 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- White Candy Melts® Candy (1 oz. makes 6-8 eggs)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- white vegetable shortening
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Pure Lemon Extract Add to shopping list Pure Lemon Extract
- FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers (purple used)Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Finetip Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
each egg serves one
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Decorative Press Set Add to shopping list Decorative Press Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Step 1Tint 1/2 oz. fondant violet for base. Shape a 1 in. diameter ball. Press down center. Attach egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 2Tint 1/2 oz. fondant black for each egg. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use wide end of tip 3 to cut two circles for sunglass lenses. Use knife to cut 1/4 in. off top of each circle. Attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 3Add 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex to remaining black fondant. Add a little shortening to black fondant to soften. Use decorative press set with 3-hole insert to make hair and sunglass frame. Cut to desired length. Attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 4Use white fondant and decorative press set with 3-hole insert to press a log for earring. Cut to 3/4 in. long and attach ends with damp brush. Paint with gold pearl dust/lemon extract mixture. Let dry. Attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 5Draw mouth with purple FoodWriter marker.
0 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community