Sharp Character Cupcakes
It’s a snack attack! This trio of boldly-colored cupcakes comes at your Halloween guests with fun features and our Knife Icing Decorations in hand.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (5 oz. makes 3 treats)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Knife Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Knife Icing Decorations
Each Cupcake serves 1
- Easy-Add 12-cup Standard Muffin Pan Add to shopping list 12-cup Standard Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Pick your Poison Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Pick your Poison Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
Bake and cool cupcakes. Ice smooth with spatula in green, orange or violet buttercream icing. Build up orange and violet cupcakes in center.
Make two arms for each cupcake. Tint 1 oz. fondant green, orange or violet. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut lollipop sticks to 1 1/2 in. long. Cut a 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 in. fondant strip and wrap around stick. For hands, shape a 1/2 in. ball; flatten and cut 1/4 in. slits for fingers. Attach hands to arms using thinned fondant adhesive. Position knife decoration in hand. Fold over fingers and attach with thinned fondant adhesive. Set aside; reserve remaining tinted fondant.
Make one mouth for each cupcake. Tint 1 oz. fondant black. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Use knife to cut a free-form shape, 1 1/2 x 1/2 in. wide for violet and orange cupcakes and 1 3/4 x 3/4 in. wide for green cupcake. Position on cupcake.
Make teeth. Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use knife to cut small rectangles or triangles. Position on cupcake.
For green cupcake, pipe tip 5 dots on top in a darker shade. Flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. For eye, roll 1/2 oz. of white fondant into a ball. Roll out orange fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 1 in. circle for iris and attach with damp brush. Roll a 1/4 in. black ball flat; cut a 3/8 in. circle and attach for pupil. Cut a small dot from white fondant for highlight and attach. Outline iris with black FoodWriter; draw vein lines with red FoodWriter. Position eye and insert arms.
For orange cupcake, pipe tip 18 pull-out star fur in orange. For eyes, roll two 1/4 in. balls of white fondant. Flatten slightly. Roll two 1/16 in. balls of black fondant for pupils; flatten and attach. Cut thin strips of black fondant and attach for eyebrows. Position eyes and insert arms.
For violet cupcake, pipe tip 12 balls on cupcake top in violet buttercream, building up at center. For eyes, roll two 5/8 in. balls of white fondant. Roll two 1/4 in. balls of black fondant for irises; flatten and attach. Cut two small dots of white fondant for highlights and attach. For eyelids, roll out white fondant very thin; cut a 1/2 in. circle, then cut in half. Attach one half for one eyelid. Position eyes and insert arms.