Cookie Sheets & Je…
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter , softened (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- Kelly Green Icing Color (optional)Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Shamrock Icing Decorations , as desiredEasy-Add Shamrock Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Shamrock Icing Decorations
- Shamrock Sprinkle Mix , as desiredEasy-Add Shamrock Sprinkle Mix Add to shopping list Shamrock Sprinkle Mix
- Dark Green Colored Sugar , as desiredEasy-Add Dark Green Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Dark Green Colored Sugar
- Light Green Colored Sugar , as desiredEasy-Add Light Green Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Light Green Colored Sugar
- Green Sparkle Gel , as desiredEasy-Add Green Sparkle Gel Add to shopping list Green Sparkle Gel
About 3 dozen cookies
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix until well blended. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Stir in flour mixture; mix until blended. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. If desired, add sprinkle with colored sugars or sprinkles.
Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove from sheet and cool completely on cooling grid.
Cover undecorated cookies with Cookie Icing or spatula ice with white or green royal icing; cookies can also be outlined in royal icing. Add sugars, sprinkles and icing decorations, as desired.