Senior Scroll Cake
Herald their academic triumphs with an honor roll made from two jelly roll cakes and fondant. Personalize the proclamation by using the Alphabet & Numbers Cut-Outs Set to create the message from black-tinted fondant.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
Cake serves 18.
- Easy-Add 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Cookie Pan Add to shopping list 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Cookie Pan
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Glowing Graduate Topper Add to shopping list Glowing Graduate Topper
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Bake, fill and roll 2 jelly roll cakes. Prepare for rolled fondant; cover each cake with 24 oz. fondant and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out additional fondant 1/4 in. thick. Using a small plastic lid or cookie cutter that matches diameter of cakes, cut a fondant circle for each end; attach with damp brush. Use veining tool to score ends with spiral pattern.
Prepare 12 x 18 in. base board using 3 cake boards. Position 1 cake at top edge of board. Roll out 36 oz. fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a rectangle the width of cake and 18 in. long. Position fondant up and over cake at top, extending down to bottom edge of board; attach to cake with damp brush. Position 2nd cake on bottom edge.
For message, roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut letters with Cut-Outs; attach with damp brush. For ribbon, roll out blue fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut base using starburst cookie cutter from set, cut center using small crinkle circle cutter. Cut two 3/4 x 3 1/2 in. strips for tails; cut a "V" shape at bottom. Position and attach starburst and tails on scroll with damp brush. Attach ribbon to cake. For scroll trim, roll two 1/4 in. yellow ropes, 8 in. long. For petal designs, roll 3 ropes 2 in. long and loop. Attach trim with damp brush. Brush edges of scroll cakes with Pearl Dust. Position topper.