Send Flowers to Mom Cake
Celebrate Motherhood with a flowerpot cake filled with cookie blossoms. Create the blossoms using 6 pc. Blossom Nesting Perimeter Cutters, floral wire stems, and fondant leaves. Simply lovely!
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Candy Melts® Add to shopping list Candy Melts®
Favorite pound cake
chocolate cookie crumbs
Cake serves 8; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Wonder Mold Kit Add to shopping list Wonder Mold Kit
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 6-Pc. Blossoms Nesting Perimeter Cutter Set Add to shopping list 6-Pc. Blossoms Nesting Perimeter Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Floral Tape
- 18 gauge floral wire three 18 in. lengths needed
- 1/4 in. wide ribbon 6 in. needed
- Waxed paper
Cut blossom cookies-1 using 2nd largest cutter and 3 using 4th largest; make extras to allow for breakage. Bake and cool.
Divide fondant and tint as follows: 2 in. balls in orange, violet and yellow, 3 in. ball in rose, reserve 2 in. ball white, tint remaining fondant green. Knead 3 teaspoons Gum-Tex into green fondant. Roll out green fondant and cut 2 large leaves and 38 medium leaves using Cut-Outs. Place on cornstarch-dusted cookie sheet to dry. Using tip 3 and royal icing, pipe vein line on leaves. Let dry. Roll out fondant in various colors; using blossom cutters, cut out same-size fondant blossoms to cover cookies; attach with damp brush. On parchment, draw 2 in., 1 1/8 in. and 1 in. diameter circles for flower center patterns. Trace and cut yellow fondant centers and attach with brushstrokes of water. On all, using royal icing, outline petals with tip 3, pipe tip 1 facial features, pipe tip 2 swirl for hair. Let dry.
Wrap wire lengths in floral tape and cut wire into six 3 in. lengths and two 6 in. lengths. Attach 6 medium leaves to 3 in. lengths of wire and the 2 large leaves to the 6 in. lengths of wire with melted candy. Let dry on waxed paper. Attach cookies to sticks with melted candy. When dry, wrap cookie sticks with floral tape and attach leaves (leave bottom portion of stick unwrapped). Cut a 3 x 1 1/2 in. tag from white fondant. Cut out hole using small end of tip 8. Add tip 1 royal icing message and let dry. Using Classic Wonder Mold, bake pound cake, filling pan halfway. Cool and level. Trim 3/4 in. off the narrow end to create a wider base. Ice cake smooth in buttercream and position on foil-wrapped board, wide side up. Pipe tip 2 swirls and tip 3 dots. Using smallest heart Cut-Out, cut shapes from rose and yellow fondant. Attach to cake sides using dots of buttercream. Pipe tip 18 rope bottom border. Insert cookie blossoms into cake. Tie tag onto stem of one cookie blossom using ribbon length. Cover cake top with chocolate cookie crumbs. Insert and arrange leaves around edge of cake top, securing with buttercream icing.