Seeing Spots Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Lady Bug Pan Add to shopping list Lady Bug Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Dog Ear Patterns
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool cake. To make dog's front leg, roll 3 oz. of fondant into a 4 in. x 1 1/2 in. diameter log and crease in middle to form a right angle.
For back leg, roll 5 oz. of fondant into a 7 in. x 1 1/2 in. diameter log and crease in middle to form another right angle.
Position fondant legs on cake and flatten where needed to conform to cake.
To make tail, roll 1 1/2 oz. of fondant into 3in. long teardrop shape; position on cake.
To form muzzle, flatten two 1 oz. pieces of fondant to 2 1/2 in. circles; position on cake.
Tint 4 oz. fondant black. Use 3/4 in. ball of black fondant to form nose, 1/2 in. ball of each white and black to make mouth and bottom lip.
Roll 1/2 in. white fondant ball for whites of eyes. Use tip 3 band black icing to pipe lines between toes and eye pupils (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Cover cake with tip 16 white stars alternating with black stars for spots.
Pipe tip 3 dots on muzzle; position fondant nose. To make ears, roll black fondant 1/4 in. thick and use patterns to cut with knife; position on cake.
Roll balls of fondant and position under left ear to lift.