Santa, Man of the Hour! Cupcake
Create this adorable Santa Claus cupcake for your Christmas celebration.
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Red spice drops
red licorice twists
green jumbo spice drops
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Gingerbread Boy Standard Baking Cups (or other holiday-themed baking cups)Easy-Add Gingerbread Boy Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boy Standard Baking Cups
- Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter (Medium size used)Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Angled Spatula Add to shopping list Angled Spatula
- Waxed paper
- Paring Knife
Roll out cookie dough and use medium round Cut-Out to cut Santa's head. Bake and cool. Use tip 3 and copper royal icing to outline and pipe in face (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Roll out jumbo red spice drop on surface dusted with granulated sugar and cut Santa's hat shape. Attach hat to head with buttercream icing. Position head on waxed paper and use tip 3 and white royal icing to pipe beard, fur on hat, pom pom and whites of eyes. Use tip 5 and white royal icing to pipe mustache. Use tip 3 and black royal icing to pipe mouth and pupils. Pipe tip 3 copper royal icing dot nose. Let dry.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Use tip 12 and red buttercream icing to pipe mound of icing on cupcake, ice with spatula and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Trim green jumbo spice drops in glove shapes and attach to 1 1/4 in. long red licorice twist arms with red royal icing.
Position arms on cupcake. Roll green jumbo spice drop flat and cut 1/4 in. wide suspends; trim to fit and attach to cupcake with buttercream icing. Attach green candy-coated chocolates for buttons.