Sand Castle Mini Cake
Make every day a beach day! Build a castle from Square Cut-Out shapes cut from a Sheet Pan pound cake. Add sandy texture with Peanut Butter Flavored Candy Melts and brown sugar.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Peanut Butter Flavored Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Peanut Butter Flavored Candy Melts® Candy
granulated brown sugar
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cordial Cups Candy Mold Add to shopping list Cordial Cups Candy Mold
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make candy pail, shovel handle, doorway and window.
For pail, mold 1 solid cordial cup; chill until firm and unmold.
For shovel handle, doorway and window, tape patterns to cake board and cover with waxed paper. Pipe in shovel with melted yellow, doorway and window with melted Peanut Butter Candy Melts in cut bag. Sprinkle doorway and window with brown sugar; chill until firm.
Also: Make turrets. Shape spice drops for turret tops. Dip spice drops and pretzel sticks in melted peanut butter candy; sprinkle with brown sugar and let set on waxed paper. Attach spice drops to pretzels with melted candy; let set.
Bake and cool cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. For each treat, cut out 1 top tier and 1 middle tier using medium and large Cut-Outs; trim to 1 in. high. For bottom tier, cut a 3 1/4 in. square; trim to 1 1/2 in. high. Ice lightly, stack and cover with brown sugar. Attach doorway, window and turrets with melted candy; let set. Pipe top of pail with melted candy; attach handle and sprinkle with sugar; let set. Ice foil-wrapped board smooth; sprinkle with sugar. Position cake and pail.