Rustic Retreat Gingerbread House
- Easy-Add Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit Add to shopping list Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Crushed Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 16 Jelly Spearmint Leaf Candies
- Frosted Wheat Miniature Cereal
- 3 bags Pretzel rods
- 1 bag Pretzel Sticks
- 8 Sugar cones
- 4 caramels
1 gingerbread house.
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 11 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 11 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 12 x 12 in. x 2 in. Styrofoam
- Ribbon need 48 x 1 1/2 in.
Make 5 trees. For largest tree, stack 3 sugar cones, for medium tree, stack 2 sugar cones; for smallest trees use single cones. Cover all cones with Tip 18 pull-out stars. Let dry. When dry, fill cones with icing and insert pretzel rods.
Cover Styrofoam with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Assemble house according to package directions and attach to Styrofoam® base with royal icing.
Attach overlapping miniature wheat cereal pieces with royal icing for roof shingles beginning at eaves and working to peak (make sure frosted side of cereal faces upward).
Attach 4 caramels with royal icing for chimney.
Ice windows smooth with spatula and yellow icing; outline windows with Tip 2.
Attach pretzel rods to eaves and around entire house with royal icing. Pipe-in mortar between pretzel rods with Tip 2.
Attach thin pretzels for shutters and door. Edge door with Tip 6 beads. Attach 1/2 pretzel rod over door and 2 upright rods about 1 1/2 in. from door. Attach thin pretzels over rods to create awning.
Add Tip 5 icicles and snow on house.
Attach cut spearmint leaves around base for shrubs; cover tops with Tip 2 snow. Pipe Tip 352 pull-out leaf wreath with Tip 2 dot holly above doorway; repeat for window sill.
Ice base of house fluffy with spatula; position trees into base. Add path with crushed cookies. Attach ribbon around base. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on house and trees.