Ruffles and Roses Cake
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 141.
- Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 127D Add to shopping list Tip: 127D
- Easy-Add Two Rings Topper Add to shopping list Two Rings Topper
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Disposable Decorating Bags (12 and 16 inch bags needed)Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Waxed paper
- 20 x 16 in. foamcore or plywood board (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 wide white ribbon (2 yards)
- Double stick tape
In advance: Make 120 tip 104 ribbon roses in royal icing. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry. Also: Prepare oval base board. Cut foamcore or plywood 1 1/2 in. wider on all sides of the largest pan. Cover in Fanci Foil.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for Stacked Construction. Ice smooth in buttercream. Pipe tip 127D ruffle top and bottom borders. Attach ribbon roses between top and bottom ruffles with dots of icing.
At reception: Position topper. †Attach ribbon to base boards.
** The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
† Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure topper to the plate with double-stick tape.