Ruffled Rose Romance Cake
Ribbon roses offer another short-cut for decorator’s in a hurry! A single fondant strip is rolled, curled and furled to form a very lovely rose.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add SweetHeart Pan Add to shopping list SweetHeart Pan
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Ice smooth 2-layer cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. high layers to make a 3 in. high cake). Tint 8 oz. fondant dark rose, 6 oz. light rose and a 1 1/2 in. ball light green; reserve remainder white. Roll out light rose fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut two 1 x 15 in. long strips. Position strips flat around top border of cake; trim to fit heart shape.
Make 19 fondant ribbon roses in dark rose. Attach flowers to top edge of cake with damp brush. Roll out light green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 20 leaves using smallest Cut-Out. Place leaves on thin foam and score vein lines with veining tool. Attach with damp brush. Roll out light rose fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 1/4 in. wide strips; position on cake to form message. Roll 1/2 in. balls of white fondant and attach to bottom border with buttercream.