3-D Rubber Ducky P…
Rubber Ducky Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups cake flour sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 1 bag Candy Discs
- 1 bag candy-coated chocolate dot candies
Cake serves 12.
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray both halves of Rubber Ducky pan with vegetable cooking spray; place on
cookie sheet. Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk and beat at low speed. Beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
Gently fold egg whites into batter. Pour all batter into bottom half of pan. Attach top of pan (air hole).
Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Follow cooling instructions for cake pan. Cool completely before icing.
Step 6To Decorate:
Trim an 8 in. cake board circle to fit the bottom of the cake. When cool, attach the cake to the board with icing.
Tint two cans of Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing: 1 3/4 containers of Lemon Yellow Icing Color and 1/4 container of Orange Icing Color.
Smooth ice the beak area orange. Spatula ice the body of the duck lemon yellow.
Position two candy discs for eyes and press into the icing. Add a little icing on to candy-coated chocolate dot candies and attach to the eyes for the pupils.