Rows of Roses Cake
The ribbon roses featured in our Decorating Basics course have all the excitement and detail any cake needs. This cake is the perfect opportunity to practice them as dozens of pretty white flowers encircle a pretty violet-iced cake.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Rose Flower Template Stickers Add to shopping list Rose Flower Template Stickers
- Easy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
At least 1 day in advance: Make ribbon roses. Using royal icing and tip 104, make 75-85 white ribbon roses with tip 12 bases on flower nail prepared with rose template and waxed paper square. Let dry overnight.
Bake and cool 3-layer round cake (bake two layers 2 in. high and one layer 1 in. high for a 5 in. high cake). Ice smooth. Attach ribbon roses to cake sides and one on cake top with dots of icing.