Roses And Lace Romance Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
Cake serves 243.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- 18 in. Half Round 3 in. deepEasy-Add 18 in. Half Round Add to shopping list 18 in. Half Round
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 22 in. round plywood for base on bottom cake
- 150 round cocktail toothpicks
- Box of tissues
Make flowers at least one week in advance. Use carnation cutters and directions from Floral Collection Flower Making Set to make the following gum paste flowers: 30 large roses, 60 medium roses, 14 small roses, 150 stephanotis. To make flowers, mix gum paste 1 can at a time as needed. Make 30 bases for large roses (7/8 in. wide x 1 in. high), 60 bases for medium roses (3/4 in. wide x 7/8 in. high) and 14 bases for small roses (1/2 in. wide x 3/4 in. high). Let dry overnight.
For large roses, use large carnation cutters to cut petals. Assemble following roses directions on page 16 of set instruction booklet. (Hint: Make roses, one layer at a time, and let dry overnight. Wrap strip of tissue around petals to keep in position. Place on cookie sheet to dry.) Use small carnation cutter and follow same process for medium and small roses.
For stephanotis, follow instructions on page 34 of set booklet, steps 1-6 only. Use stephanotis cutter and toothpicks instead of wire. Let dry.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. For 18 in. cake, you will need to bake four half layers, each 2 in. deep, to make a 4 in. high cake.
Using toothpick, trace Lacy Blossom Pattern starting 1 inch from bottom of cakes. Pipe pattern with tip 1 beads. Pipe tip 7 bead bottom border on all cakes.
Attach 18 large roses with buttercream, beginning on bottom tier. Insert stephanotis between roses.
Attach medium roses to 10 in. and 14 in. tiers and small roses to 6 in. tier. Attach remaining large roses and insert stephanotis on top of 6 in. tier.
*Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.