Rose Romance Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Non-toxic chalk
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
Cake serves 32.
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Paring Knife
- Easy-Add 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan Add to shopping list 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
In advance, tint fondant yellow. Knead 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex into 24 oz. of fondant; cover and reserve remaining fondant. Make 27 medium and 23 small ribbon roses. Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 1 x 6 in. long strips for medium and small roses. Begin rolling fondant strips lightly from one end, gradually loosening as flower gets larger; fold cut edge under. Pinch bottom to gather and secure. Trim flower bottom to desired height with scissors. Make extras to allow for breakage. Let dry in mini muffin pan dusted with cornstarch.
Break up chalk by rubbing through tea strainer. Brush chalk onto flowers, as desired. Set aside.
Bake your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix following recipe instructions for 6 in. and 8 in. pans. Cool layers in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Arrange larger cake on foil-wrapped cake circle. Arrange smaller cake on unwrapped cake board. Prepare for stacked construction. Lightly ice each cake in buttercream icing to prepare for fondant covering.
Roll out reserved fondant 1/8 in. thick; cover cakes; smooth. Thin piping gel with a small amount of water and brush on cakes. Immediately cover cakes with sparkling sugar. Assemble cakes. Attach roses to bottom borders using dots of buttercream icing, placing small roses on 6 in. tier and medium roses on 8 in. tier.