Rose Petal Reflections Cake
Gum paste rose petals share the beautiful oval shape of this cake. The lush blanket of petals is a dramatic way to add the classic beauty of roses to wedding tiers.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
Non-toxic pastel chalk
Cake serves 71.
- Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Threshold of Happiness Figurine Add to shopping list Threshold of Happiness Figurine
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 7 in. Grecian Spiked Pillars Add to shopping list 7 in. Grecian Spiked Pillars
- Easy-Add 8 1/2 in. x 6 in. Oval Separator Plate Add to shopping list 8 1/2 in. x 6 in. Oval Separator Plate
- Easy-Add 11 1/2 x 8 1/2 in. Oval Separator Plate Add to shopping list 11 1/2 x 8 1/2 in. Oval Separator Plate
- Easy-Add 14 1/2 x 10 3/4 in. Oval Separator Plate Add to shopping list 14 1/2 x 10 3/4 in. Oval Separator Plate
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Small tea strainer
- Sable artist´s brush
- 7/8 in. single face satin ribbon (3 yards needed)
- Craft knife
A week in advance, make approximately 310 gum paste rose petals, tinted pink using grated non-toxic chalk.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream. Prepare cakes for push-in pillar construction. Attach ribbon around bottom borders using tip 3 dots of icing. Position pillars in tiers. Attach petals using tip 3 dots of icing, starting at edge of cake and layering petals towards center. Leave room at center of top tier for ornament. At reception, position ornament† and attach extra petals, if necessary.
*Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
†Warning: Always place a separator plate on the cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-sided craft tape