Rose Bouquets Cake
Stunning hand-rolled fondant roses are formed in dainty clusters on tops of fondant-covered cakes. A simple and dramatic statement for so many occasions.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 15-Pc. Cake Stand Set Add to shopping list 15-Pc. Cake Stand Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- 5/8 inch wide brown ribbon (3 yards needed)
In advance: Make 3 large roses, 6 medium roses and 10 leaves.
For roses, add 2 teaspoons of gum-tex to 24 oz. of fondant and tint rose.
For leaves, add 1/4 teaspoon of gum-tex to 3 oz. of fondant and tint Leaf Green/Kelly Green combination.
To make large roses: Cut 2 strips of rose fondant 1 1/2 in. long x 2 in. wide. Fold strips in half lengthwise and wrap for center of rose. Attach all strips with damp brush. Cut 5 strips of rose fondant 2 in. long x 2 in. wide; fold in half and wrap around each petal. Cut 4 strips of rose fondant 3 in. long x 2 in. wide; fold in half lengthwise and attach to previous strips. Roll 1/4 in. dark rose fondant balls for center of roses; attach with damp brush.
To make medium roses: Follow same process as for large roses. Cut 4 rose fondant strips 1 1/4 in. long x 2 in. wide; 4 strips 2 in. long x 2 in. wide.
To make leaves: Roll green fondant 1/4 in. thick and use large leave cut-out to cut 10 leaves. Use think shaping foam and ball tool from set to soften edges and use veining tools to mark vein lines. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted flower formers.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Position on plates. Attach ribbon to base of cakes with dots of icing and pipe tip 3 bead bottom borders with rose buttercream. Position flowers and leaves.