Rope-Skippin’ Kitten Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Ballerina Bear Pan Add to shopping list Ballerina Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
In advance: Prepare base board. Use pan as a guide; allow an extra 4 in. above head to hold jump rope and name. Cut and wrap Cake Board.
Bake and cool cake. Trim ears for triangular shape. Ice cake sides and background areas smooth.
Use tip 3 to outline and fill in eyes, nose, mouth and inner ears; pat smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch. Outline body, dress and shoes using tip 3. Cover with tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 126 ruffle. Pipe tip 7 waistband; pat smooth. Pipe tip 3 bead heart tongue and buttons. Pipe tip 7 bead bottom border.
Tint fondant rose. Roll out small amount 1/8 in. thick; use alphabet cutters from set to cut out name; position on prepared board. Roll remaining fondant into 22 in. long x 1/2 in. diameter rope; position on board with ends in hands. Pipe tip 3 outlines over rope for fingers; cover fingers with tip 16 stars.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.