Romantic Ruffles and Mums Cake
Pair lacy elegant eyelet strips with showy, radiant mums for a cake that makes a truly elegant statement.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Waxed paper
- 2-pc. Mum Cutters (included in student course kit)
- Straight Scalloped Cutter (included in student course kit)
- Easy-Add Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
In advance, tint Gum Paste. Make 7-8 mums; set in large Flower Forming Cups to dry. Make 7-9 leaves using cutter from step-saving rose cutter set; vein leaves and set aside to dry. Make extras to allow for breakage.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake. Ice lightly in buttercream icing to prepare for fondant covering. Cover in 18 oz. white fondant .
Roll white fondant 1/16 in. thick using pink guide rings on rolling pin. Cut fondant strips with scallop cutter. Use small opening of tip 5 to imprint eyelet pattern along scallop edge. Gather strips along straight edge pinching folds to secure. Beginning at bottom and working up, attach strips to sides of cake with dots of icing. Repeat for each row, overlapping slightly, Top row should align with top edge of cake.
Roll a slight mound from remaining fondant and position on top center of cake. Attach mums and leaves with dots of icing.