Romantic Roses and Lace Cake
Step-saving Rose Bouquets Flower Cutter Set makes it easier and quicker to create beautiful fondant decorations like these. The “embroidery” leaves echo the scalloped border.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Puffed Heart Pan Add to shopping list Puffed Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add 16 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 16 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Blossom Nesting Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Blossom Nesting Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- fine-point sable artist brush
- Plastic ruler
- Craft knife
- strudy toothpicks or cocktail sticks
At least 3 days in advance, make gum paste flowers following flower cutter set directions: Make 3 large cutter full-bloom roses on toothpicks instead of wire, 4 large cutter rosebuds and 3 small cutter rosebuds. Let dry.
On cake circle, using pan as pattern, trace heart 2 in. wider than pan. Cut two heart boards with craft knife, tape together and cover with rose-tinted fondant.
Prepare and cover cake with fondant; smooth. Position on fondant-covered board. Make scalloped frame: Cut five fondant blossoms using second largest blossom cutter. Using ruler, cut each blossom into three sections, with two outer sections of 3 petals each. (Small center section will not be used.) Brush backs of 3-petal pieces with water and position on board under cake.
Imprint leaf designs on cake with rose leaf cutter from flower set. Outline leaves with tip 2 and immediately use brush embroidery technique, completing leaves one at a time. Pipe tip 1 center vein; add tip 1 tendrils and position roses and rosebuds. On fondant scallops, outline with tip 4 and pipe tip 1 lines.