Romantic Roses Cake
Set the celebration to the height of romance with a cake topped and bordered with delicate, pink roses. A wonderful dessert for so many happy occasions.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 28.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Cake Divider Set Add to shopping list Cake Divider Set
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Fancy Scrolls Cake Stand Add to shopping list Fancy Scrolls Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Waxed paper squares Add to shopping list Waxed paper squares
In advance make roses. Use tip 12 base and tip 104 to make 14 pink royal icing roses. Use tip 12 base and tip 103 to make 14 pink royal icing roses. Let dry.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake.
Ice smooth with pink buttercream icing.
Mark cake for scallops above roses, mark 1 in. up alternating 1-7/8 in. wide and 1-1/4 in. wide. Center high point of scallops. Shorter scallop is 2-1/4 in. from top edge of cake. Wider scallop is 2 in. from top edge of cake. Pipe tip 3 pink balls on scallop marks.
Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border in pink.
Attach two sizes of roses under scallops. Pipe tip 352 leaves in green. Divide top of cake into 10ths, 2 in. from edge of cake. Make scallop 1 in. deep and pipe with tip 3 balls in pink. Mound 7 roses on top center of cake and add tip 352 green leaves.