Romantic Roses Cake
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 62.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Muffin Pans Add to shopping list Mini Muffin Pans
- Easy-Add 14 in. Spiral Separator Set Add to shopping list 14 in. Spiral Separator Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Paring Knife
In advance, using rolled fondant, make 20 large, 27 medium and 23 small ribbon roses. Combine 48 oz. of fondant with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of Gum-Tex.
For large roses, roll fondant 1/16 in. thick on Roll & Cut Mat lightly dusted with cornstarch. Cut into strips 1 1/2 in. wide x 12 in. long. Begin rolling lightly from one end, gradually loosening roll as flower gets larger. Fold cut end under. Trim flower to desired height with scissors.
Flower should be approximately 2 1/4 in. across; let dry in mini muffin pan lightly dusted with cornstarch. Follow same procedure for medium and small roses, using strips 1 in. wide x 6 in. long. Medium flower should be 1 1/4 in. across; small flower should be 1 in. across. Let all dry as for large flower.
At reception: Assemble cakes. Attach roses with buttercream.
*Note: The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of wedding servings given does not include the top tier.