Roller Blade Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Skate Pan Add to shopping list Skate Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter (2 in. circle cutter used)Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Sticks
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Waxed paper
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Prepare Roll-Out Cookie recipe. Cut 4 wheels using round cutter. Bake and cool. Make extras to allow for breakage.
Make 3 1/2 cups buttercream icing:
• Tint 1 1/4 cups royal blue
• Reserve 1 cup white (thin with 1 teaspoon light corn syrup)
• Tint 1 1/4 cups gray
Make 1/4 cup color flow icing:
• Tint 1/4 cup black
Decorate in Order:
In advance, position cookies on cooling grid over waxed paper. Pour thinned black color flow icing over cookies. Lightly tap grid to smooth icing. Let dry.
Use tip 4 to pipe dots in centers of cookies with gray icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board. Ice wheels smooth with thinned white icing.
Use tip 4 to pipe tongue of skate in blue icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Allow space for straps.
Use tip 10 to pipe bottom of shoe with gray icing. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 18 to cover skate design area with stars with blue icing.
Use tip 18 to cover skate and sides with stars with gray icing.
Cut cookie stick to 4 in. length. Insert stick in space between wheels to support cookie wheels. Position cookies and secure with dots of buttercream icing.