Rockin' Reindeer! Cookie
Here’s a treat that really rocks! Make this 3-D treat cutting 2 horse cookies and sandwiching them together with Royal Icing. Give them an animated looks with Royal Icing features and top with make-ahead Royal Icing antlers.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Candy-coated chocolate dots
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Holiday Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Holiday Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Paring Knife
- Plastic ruler
One day in advance: On waxed paper-covered board, using royal icing, pipe a pair of tip 3 antlers in dark brown for each horse cookie; let dry overnight.
Prepare dough recipe; roll out dough. Using horse cutter from set, cut 2 cookies for each treat. Using knife, cut one 1 in. square and two 1 x 1 1/2 in. rectangle cookies for each treat. Bake and cool.
Decorate front of one horse cookie and back of another. Using royal icing, pipe tip 12 band runner. Overpipe tip 2 red outline stripes.
Outline and pipe in reindeer with tip 10 in light brown. Add tip 2 hooves and dot eye in dark brown, tip 3 dot tail and pull-out ears in light brown.
Pipe tip 3 band bridle and harness in green; add tip 2 red dots. Attach antlers with royal icing.
Assemble candy holder. Attach long edges of two rectangle cookies and one square cookie to form a "U" shape on back of one decorated cookie, forming candy holder.
Attach with royal icing; let set. Attach other decorated cookie on top; let set. Attach antlers with royal icing.
Fill holder with candy-coated chocolates.
Note: Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for red shade shown.