Rock On Cake
Make the celebrant feel special by saddling up a pony personalized with his or her name. Create the rocking horse from a 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan cake, Hidden Pillars legs, piped-icing mane and tail, and fondant rockers.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 56.
- Easy-Add 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan
- Oval Set 16 1/2 x 12 3/8 x 2 in. usedEasy-Add Oval Set Add to shopping list Oval Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Hot Glue Gun
In advance: Make rockers. Tint fondant as follows: 1 in. ball green, 3 in. ball rose, reserve 8 oz. white and tint remaining fondant violet with a little rose (add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to violet). Roll out violet fondant and cut 2 rockers using pattern; let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. When dry, use tip 4 and royal icing to outline rockers and print name; set aside.
For legs, cover 4 in. of hidden pillars with white fondant (remaining 2 in. will be inserted into cake); smooth seams. Cover fondant area on legs with tip 16 stars in buttercream. Trace bottom of Rubber Ducky pan on cake board and cut board to fit. Wrap board with foil. Attach legs to bottom of board with hot glue gun.
Bake and cool 1-layer oval cake and duck ?horse? cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Ice oval cake smooth in buttercream; pipe tip 18 rosette top and bottom borders. Cut 2 cake boards to fit under horse cake, cover with foil and position cake. Fill in space between cake bottom and board with icing. Mound icing with spatula to create rounded muzzle. For ears, build up icing with tip 3 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Using pink fondant and pattern, cut saddle; attach to cake with buttercream. Cut pink fondant triangles and attach inside ears. Cut 1/2 in. wide strips of pink and green fondant for bridle, harness and saddle trim; attach. Roll 1/4 in. balls of white for eyes, pink for nostrils and green for saddle bolts, attach. Pipe tip 3 dot pupils and string mouth. Cover horse with tip 16 stars. Add tip 21 pull-out star mane and tail. Insert hidden pillar legs into cake; position horse cake on leg base, securing with icing. Attach rockers to legs with icing.