Ride With Pride Cake
Baby-soft pastels and a charming Mom and Baby Carriage scene in Color Flow are sure to earn “oohs” and “aahs” from every guest at your baby shower!
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Buttercup Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Buttercup Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Performance Pans™ Set Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Performance Pans™ Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Paring Knife
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make Color Flow Mother and carriage pieces on waxed paper using patterns. When dry, attach lollipop stick to Mother and carriage with full-strength Color Flow; let dry.
Also in advance: Make fondant flowers. Tint 4 oz. portions of fondant rose, lemon yellow, violet and green. Using cutters from set, cut 16 pansies, 30 apple blossoms and 5 forget-me-nots in various colors. Use ball tool to cup flowers on thick foam; let dry. Add tip 2 dot centers in full-strength Color Flow; let dry.
For cake, tint 30 oz. fondant buttercup yellow and 6 oz. green. Prepare cake 2-layer cake for rolled fondant, cover and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. In buttercream, pipe tip 3 stems on cake sides; attach pansies and apple blossoms and pipe tip 352 leaves.
For grass border, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick on cornstarch-dusted surface. Cut into strips 3/4 in. wide. Using paring knife, cut 1/8 in. wide x 1/2 in. deep slits for grass effect. Brush base of cake lightly with water and attach strips. Repeat as needed to form grass border, adding 2 or 3 layers for a full look.
Attach forget-me-nots to Mother's hat with full-strength Color Flow. Roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut a free-form oval; attach to cake top. Attach fondant grass and flowers. Insert Mother and carriage pieces in cake.