Red Velvet Heart Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Easy-Add Red (no-taste) Icing Color Add to shopping list Red (no-taste) Icing Color
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Easy-Add Creamy White Buttercream Icing Mix Add to shopping list Creamy White Buttercream Icing Mix
- strawberries with stems fresh
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Pink colored sugar or red colored sugarsEasy-Add Pink colored sugar Add to shopping list Pink colored sugar
Cake serves 12.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray.
In medium bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, icing color and vanilla; mix well. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; add alternately with buttermilk to batter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir baking soda into vinegar; fold carefully into batter.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
While cake cools, wash and dry strawberries. Melt candy according to package directions. Holding strawberries by stem, dip into melted candy and gently tap to remove any excess; sprinkle or dip into desired sugar. Place on parchment or waxed paper covered cookie sheets; refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. (May be made several hours in advance.)
To decorate: Spatula ice cake fluffy with buttercream icing. Add candy dipped strawberries just before serving.