Red Letter Day Graduation Cake
Commemorate the big day by customizing the graduation cake with your graduate's school colors. Our checkerboard pan makes it, easy and the graduate will be honored when served this special graduation cake!
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
3 boxes (18.25 oz each) white cake mix
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add Checkerboard Cake Pan Add to shopping list Checkerboard Cake Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 3 Pc. Graduation Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 3 Pc. Graduation Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Place clean and dry ring in 3rd prepared pan. Pour yellow-colored batter in outer and white colored batter in the middle section and red-colored batter in the center section. Fill sections halfway.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare 3 boxes white cake mix following package instructions; divide in thirds.
Reserve 1 portion batter white. In second portion, gently stir in Red-Red Icing Color to desired shade (use clean toothpicks to transfer color from jar to batter). Repeat with Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow Icing Colors to color second portion.
Place Batter Dividing Ring in the first prepared 9 x 1 1/2 in. pan. Pour red-colored batter in outer section and yellow-colored batter in the middle section and white in center section. Fill sections halfway.
Remove ring from pan by carefully lifting straight up on handles. Rinse and completely dry ring.
Place ring in 2nd prepared pan and in the first prepared 9 x 1 1/2 in. pan. Pour white batter in outer section and red-colored batter in the middle section and yellow-colored batter in center section. Fill sections halfway.
Remove ring from pan as before. Bake and cool cakes following recipe directions. Remove and stack cakes.
DO NOT PUT DIVIDING RING IN OVEN.
Bake and cool diploma cookie using roll out cookie recipe. Prepare Color Flow Icing, divide and tint a portion red, reserve white. Using tip 3 and full strength white color flow icing, outline cookie. Flow in with thinned icing in a cut parchment bag. Let dry. Using tip 6 and full strength red color flow icing, pipe ribbon and bow. Let dry and set aside.
Prepare buttercream icing, divide and tint portions red and yellow, reserve white. Assemble cake layers on foil-wrapped cake board, spreading thin layer of buttercream icing between layers. Spatula ice cake smooth. Imprint medium star cutter on cake sides. Using tip 3 and yellow icing, outline stars. Using tip 16 fill in with stars. Using tip 6 and red icing, pipe top and bottom bead borders. Position cookie on cake top, securing with a swirl of buttercream icing.
*Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow Icing Colors for yellow shown