Ready for Takeoff Airplane Cake
Any birthday celebration will really take off with this amazing cake. Covered in Sugar Sheets! airplanes, it’s also great to wish someone, “Bon Voyage!”
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Red Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Red Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Purple Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Purple Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Black Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Black Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set Add to shopping list Border Punch Set
- Easy-Add Bubble Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Bubble Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Layered Stars Cutting insert Add to shopping list Layered Stars Cutting insert
- Cotton Balls
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
Bake and cool a two-layered cake. Position on foil-wrapped cake board. Ice smooth with sky blue buttercream.
For clouds, use Rotary Cutter to cut three rectangles, 5 long x 2 1/2 in. wide, and three rectangles, 5 in. long x 2 in. wide, from White Sugar Sheets! Using border punch with Bubbles Border Cutting Insert, punch the tops and sides. With blue FoodWriter, draw random curves.
For the airplanes, cut six ovals from each Red and Purple Sugar Sheets! colors using Oval Cutting Insert. From Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets! cut only five ovals. You'll have a total of eight plane bodies. Set aside three ovals of each color for the airplane bodies.
For tail wing, using Rotary Cutter, cut an oval of each color into quarters. Trim straight side 1/2 in. wide and round the other end to form tail of plane. Attach two tail pieces per plane body using piping gel.
For wing, use Rotary Cutter to cut one oval of each color in half. Trim straight side 3/4 in. wide.
Using punch with Small Star Cutting Insert, punch stars from Sugar Sheets! colors. Cut stars apart and use two side stars. Attach to wings with piping gel. Attach wing to body using piping gel, and place a small piece of cotton under the wing. Let dry 30 minutes.
Using punch with Oval Cutting Insert, cut five ovals from White Sugar Sheets! With Rotary Cutter, cut windows, 3/4 in. high, for each oval. Attach to plane body.
Using Rotary Cutter, cut freehand 18 propeller blades, 1 long x 3/8 in. wide, from Black Sugar Sheets. Use the narrow end of tip 10 to cut nine circles. Attach two blades and one circle to each plane with piping gel.
Attach clouds and planes to cake using piping gel.