Rabbit's Haul Cake
This bunny bandit has made off with an armload of treats! Each carrot is an ice cream cone filled with your favorite cereal treat mixture, coated with a layer of melted orange candy and finished with spearmint candy leaves.
- Easy-Add Orange Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Orange Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Favorite crisped rice cereal treats
Jelly spearmint leaves
Cake serves 12; each carrot serves 1.
- Easy-Add Step-By-Step Bunny Pan Add to shopping list Step-By-Step Bunny Pan
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make carrots. Prepare crisped rice cereal treats; fill sugar cones with mixture, mounding slightly at top.
Melt candy; add orange candy color to brighten and thin with a small amount of vegetable shortening. Cover cones with melted candy. Let set on waxed paper-covered board.
For stems, cut spearmint leaves lengthwise in half; roll out lightly on surface sprinkled with granulated sugar. Attach leaves to cones with melted candy; set aside.
Position bunny cake on triple-thick foil-wrapped board cut to fit cake plus 8 in. at bottom for arm area.
For neck, roll an 8 oz. piece of fondant into a 5 in. long x 1 1/4 in. diameter log; position at bottom of bunny cake. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut an 8 x 5 in. rectangle base to support cones and position at bottom of cake.
For each arm, shape 24 oz. of fondant into an 12 x 1 1/2 in. diameter log; flatten slightly. Attach tapered ends to neck with icing and curve around cake board. Shape hands for paw and thumb areas. Trim rectangle base to fit arms if needed.
Ice cake and arms with spatula, building up nose and muzzle area. Tint a 2 in. ball of fondant rose and a 1 1/2 in. ball brown. Press coconut on cake and arms, leaving inside of ears open.
Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut ovals to fit inside ears and position. Shape thin logs for eyes and whiskers and a 3/4 in. flattened ball for nose; position on cake.
Slightly lift arms and position carrots.