11 x 15 in. Perfor…
Quilling Flower Sheet Cake for Mom
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Violet Icing Color combine violet with rose for shade of violet shown.Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
Cake serves 27.
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Storage Board Add to shopping list Gum Paste Storage Board
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Cotton Balls
- Easy-Add 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set with Scallop Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Border Punch Set with Scallop Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Grass Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Grass Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
In advance, make quilling decorations. Divide fondant, mix in Gum-Tex and tint: 5 oz. fondant, 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex. leaf green. 2 oz. fondant, 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex, dark violet. 1 oz. fondant, 1/8 oz. Gum-Tex, light violet. 1 oz. fondant, 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex, dark rose. 2.5 oz. fondant, 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex, light rose. 1/2 oz. fondant, 1/16 teaspoon Gum-Tex, dark yellow. 1/2 oz. fondant, 1/16 teaspoon Gum-Tex, light yellow.
Make Flowers: Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut into strips 3/8 in. wide using rotary cutter. Cut five of each size/color specified for each flower. Large violet flower—Dark violet: 7 1/4 in. and 3 3/4 in., light violet: 5 1/2 in. and 2 3/4 in. Pink flower—Dark pink: 5 1/2 in and 2 3/4 in., light pink 3 3/4 in. Yellow flower—3 3/4 in. dark yellow, 2 3/4 in. light yellow. Small violet flower—3 in. dark violet. Place strips in storage board until ready to assemble flowers.
Assemble five petals for each flower. Form petals into loops. Start with small petal, loop larger petal around outside edge. Repeat sequence adding larger petals as necessary. Alternate petal shades and brush ends with damp brush and pinch together to secure. Position petals on sides to dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Make Stems: Cut four green fondant strips 7 1/2 in., 4 1/2 in., 4 1/4 in., and 2 in. long x 3/8 in. wide. Position strips on sides to dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Prop upright using cotton balls.
Make Leaves: Cut eight green fondant strips 2 in. to 3 1/2 in. x 3/8 in. wide. Curl ends and position strips on sides to dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Prop upright using cotton balls.
Make MOM: Cut three light rose fondant strips, two 12 in. and one 6 1/2 in. x 3/8 in. wide. Form the two 12 in. strips into “M”’s and the 6 1/2 in. strip into an “O”. Position on sides to dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Prop upright using cotton balls.
Bake and cool cake. Position on a foil-wrapped cake board. Ice cake smooth using blue buttercream icing.
Roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut into strips two strips 15 in. long x 12 1/4 in. wide. Cut two strips 11 in. long x 2 1/4 in. wide. Using border punch set with grass cutter insert punch out grass border. Attach to bottom border of cake with damp brush.
Position stems, leaves and petals on cake top, securing with damp brush.
Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut one of each size circle using medium and small round Cut-Outs and two using wide end of tip 2A. Attach to centers of flowers with damp brush.
Position “MOM” on cake top, securing with damp brush.