Queen of Hearts Cupcake
Plan ahead! The pre-made fondant and royal icing elements used on this cupcake mean you’ll need to allow plenty of drying time before the day of your party.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Hearts Remembered Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Hearts Remembered Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add Hearts Mix Sprinkles Add to shopping list Hearts Mix Sprinkles
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Heart Silicone Baking Cups Add to shopping list Heart Silicone Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Fine-blade embroidery scissors
Two days in advance, make fondant pieces. For each cupcake, tint 1 1/2 in. ball of fondant copper (skin tone), 1/2 in. ball of fondant rose. For head, roll copper fondant 1/8 in. thick and use medium round Cut-Out to cut shape. Let dry 24 hours on surface dusted with cornstarch. For arms, roll 1/4 in. log of copper fondant and cut two (2) 1 1/4 in. lengths and shape each piece into arm and hand. Use scissors to separate fingers and shape; let dry on surface dusted with cornstarch. For feet, roll 3/8 in. log of copper fondant and cut into two (2) 1 1/4 in. lengths and shape; let dry on surface dusted with cornstarch. Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick and use scissors to cut crown shape; position on small flower former to dry.
To decorate head, use tip 2 and royal icing to pipe curly hair. Roll tiny ball of copper (skin tone) fondant for nose and attach with damp brush. Draw eyes and mouth with FoodWriter. Attach hearts from Hearts Mix Sprinkle Decorations to crown with dots of royal icing. Attach crown to hair with royal icing. Attach lollipop stick trimmed to 2 in. to back of head with thinned down fondant; let dry.
Bake and cool cupcakes on cookie sheets. Ice cupcakes smooth with spatula and buttercream icing. Position heart icing decorations, arms and feet; attach all with buttercream icing. Use tip 3 and buttercream icing to build up sleeves; add tip 102 ruffle on sleeve. Pipe tip 102 hemline ruffle. Pipe tip 3 shoes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Insert head.