Queen of Hearts Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Red Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Red Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake Serves 96 **
- 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set (7.75 x 5.5, 10.75 x 7.8, 16.5 x 12.38 in. used)Easy-Add 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list 4 Pc. Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 18 x 14 in. plywood or foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Tint fondant: 12 oz. light red, 72 oz. dark red, 8 oz. black; reserve remaining white. Make heart.
Bake and cool cakes: 2-layer 7.75 x 5.5 in. oval (4 in. high), 3-layer 10.75 x 7.8 in. oval (6 in. high) and 1-layer 16.5 x 12.38 in. oval (2 in. high). Place on cut-to-fit Cake Circles and cover with white fondant. Prepare for Stacked Construction.
Using Rising Scallops pattern, mark left half of scallop on front of middle cake; reverse pattern and mark right half. Roll out light red fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a 6 x 18 in. rectangle. Use pattern to mark left half of scallop; flip pattern and mark right half. Cut as single piece. Roll ends toward center, lift and unroll as you insert in position.
Roll out dark red 1/16 in. thick. Cut hearts using medium cutter; brush with damp brush and sprinkle with red sugar. Starting at top center, attach to insert, about 3/4 in. apart in staggered rows.
Stack cakes on prepared base board. Shape and attach drapes.
Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 3/4 x 5 in. strips. Brush backs with damp brush and attach to bottom layer, about 1 in. apart; trim ends to fit.
Make ribbon roses. Make 1 large using 4 x 14 in. strip; make 4 small using 2 x 8 in. strips. Attach with thinned fondant adhesive. At reception: Insert heart.
*Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red and Orange for red shown.