Queen Mom for the Day Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Sugar Pearls Add to shopping list Pink Sugar Pearls
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Crown Pan Add to shopping list Crown Pan
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
In advance, make fondant hearts. Tint 3 oz. of fondant medium rose. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using second largest heart cutter in set, cut 1 heart. Using third largest heart cutter in set, cut four hearts. Brush edge of each heart with damp brush and attach pink sugar pearls. Let dry at least 24 hours.
Bake and cool cake. Place on foil-wrapped board, cut to fit. Ice sides and background areas smooth with white buttercream.
Tint 7 oz. of fondant dark rose. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using smallest heart cutter, cut 5 hearts. Using a damp brush, attach each dark rose heart to the center of each medium rose heart. Attach hearts to cake with buttercream.
Roll dark rose fondant into 3/8 in. diameter logs. Attach to crown point edges with icing. Roll eight 7/8 in. dark rose balls and flatten slightly. Attach across bottom of crown with buttercream.
Outline crown and base section with tip 4 in light rose buttercream. Fill in with tip 16 stars. Use tip 5 to pipe bead bottom border with white buttercream.
To make letters, roll dark rose fondant into 1/8 in. diameter logs. Shape letters and position on top of cake.