Put on a Hat and Party! Mini Cake
Festive fondants turn Mini Wonder Mold Pan cakes into peppy party hats. Cut dots from fondant using the large end of a Number 2A Round Decorating Tip.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Fondant Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Fondant Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Bake and cool cake.
Build up top of cake with fondant to increase height. Divide fondant and tint 10 oz. yellow, 1 oz. each pink, orange, and violet, 4 oz. green. Prepare cake for fondant covering by icing in buttercream icing and cover with rolled fondant.
Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut circles using large open end of tip 2A. Attach to cake using damp brush. Roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 1 x 4 in. strip and fringe long edge with 3/4 in. long slits 1/8 in. apart.
Roll up and attach to hat peak with damp brush. Cut 1 x 2 in. strip of green fondant; fringe both long edges 1/8 in. apart 3/8 in. deep. Fold in half, attach to bottom edge of cake with icing.
Repeat until base is covered.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shade shown.