Those round cupcake tops are ideal for creating fun faces. Any animals are sure to please, especially when they can be made with such ease--using our Candy Melts and licorice for the features.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Chocolate Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Chocolate Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Your favorite cupcake recipe
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Halloween-themed baking cups Add to shopping list Halloween-themed baking cups
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Cat Face Pattern
- Waxed paper
- Cellophane Tape
- Craft knife
In advance: Make candy features. Tape patterns on cake board and cover with waxed paper.
Tint portions of melted White Candy Melts green and black using Garden Candy Color Set. Fill Disposable Decorating Bags half full with melted white, green and black candy. Using a scissors, cut a small opening in tip of each bag. Outline and pipe in nose using melted black Candy Melts, eyes using melted white Candy Melts and mouth using melted red Candy Melts. Refrigerate until firm. Using melted light cocoa Candy Melts, outline mouth. Using melted green candy, pipe a dot pupil on each eye. Refrigerate until firm. Carefully remove waxed paper. Cut ears using ears pattern and craft knife.
Bake cupcakes in Scaredy Cat or White Standard Baking Cups and cool completely on Cooling Grid.
Ice cupcakes smooth with Ready-To-Use Chocolate Decorator Icing.
Position candy features. Cut licorice to size for whiskers. Insert whiskers in cupcake.
It´s easy to create a face to match your favorite kitty. Try tinting Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing to make fur in gray, orange or black.