Pure Gold Cake
Grandly celebrate 50 years of marriage. Formalize Square Pan cakes by using the vines press from our Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set to imprint pretty motifs in curved panels cut from teal-tinted fondant.
- Easy-Add Teal Icing Color Add to shopping list Teal Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Gold 50th Anniversary Cake Pick Add to shopping list Gold 50th Anniversary Cake Pick
- Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Seperator Plates
- Easy-Add 9 in. Baker's Best Disposable Pillars With Rings Add to shopping list 9 in. Baker's Best Disposable Pillars With Rings
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- 2008 Pattern Book (C-Scroll)Easy-Add 2008 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2008 Pattern Book
Several days in advance: Make 40 curved panels, imprinted with vine pattern press by adding 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex™ to 24 oz. White Rolled Fondant. Tint fondant in desired shade. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut panels 2 1/2 in. wide x 4 in. high, or height of your cake. Lightly imprint vine pattern press on each panel, being careful not to cut through panels. Turn panels over and let dry in medium flower formers, away from direct fluorescent or natural light, at least 48 hours before decorating. When panels are dry, outline center stem of vine imprints with tip 3 and royal icing. Add tip 2 side stems and dot flowers. Let dry.
Also: Make 40 C-scrolls. Position pattern on cake board; cover with waxed paper. Using royal icing, outline pattern with tip 8, staying within pattern area to ensure correct size. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry 24 hours. When panels are dry, outline center stem of vine imprints with tip 3 and royal icing. Add tip 2 side stems and dot flowers. Let dry. Mix Pearl Dust with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla; brush mixture on vines with a fine tip brush. Let dry.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for push-in pillar construction. Ice smooth in buttercream; position on square plates. Position curved panels on cake sides, securing with icing if needed. Attach lollipop sticks between panels with icing. Attach C-scrolls to tops of panels with a tip 3 line of royal icing, extending ends onto cake top. At corners of cake, trim off end of 1 scroll and line up with the next scroll.
At reception: Assemble cakes with pillars. Insert pick.