Pumpkin Sugar Cookie
Our sugar cookie recipe makes a dough that’s tasty and easy to work with. It’s just right for rolling and cutting into fanciful (or frightful) Halloween shapes.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Buttercup Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Buttercup Yellow Icing Color
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- 3 pc. halloween cutter set (pumpkin used)Easy-Add 3 pc. halloween cutter set Add to shopping list 3 pc. halloween cutter set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
Preheat oven to 400ºF. In mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. wide and 1/8 in. thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Recipe may be doubled.
Use tip 14 to pipe eyes, nose and mouth areas in yellow buttercream icing (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline face with orange buttercream icing; fill in face with orange stars using tip 14. Add black dot pupils and green buttercream icing zigzag stem.
Before first and after each use, hand wash in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.