Pumpkin Pie-Filled Cupcakes
Give guests a special treat this fall: a pumpkin pie-filled cupcake with a cookie accent. Create the cookie topper using the Wilton Harvest Mini Metal Cutter Set.
Meringue Powder (used in royal icing)Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
Favorite Pie Crust Recipe
Your favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Whipped Icing Mix
- Easy-Add Autumn Micro Leaves Sprinkles Add to shopping list Autumn Micro Leaves Sprinkles
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add 6-piece Harvest Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list 6-piece Harvest Mini Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Mini Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Mini Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add White Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list White Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M (2110) Add to shopping list Tip: 1M (2110)
One day in advance, make cookies. Prepare cookie dough and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut cookies using pumpkin cutter from set. Bake and cool completely.
Prepare royal icing. Tint portions orange and green. Use tip 3 and full-strength orange icing to outline pumpkin. Use tip 3 and thinned orange icing to fill-in pumpkin. Let set. Use tip 6 and full-strength green icing to fill-in stem. Let set.
Bake mini pumpkin pies in mini muffin pan following recipe directions. Cool completely.
Fill standard cupcake baking cup 1/4 full with cupcake batter. Place cooled mini pumpkin pie in center of cupcake batter. Cover pie with cupcake batter, filling cavity 3/4 in. full. Bake and cool completely.
Prepare whipped icing mix following package directions. Use tip 1M, disposable decorating bag and whipped icing to pipe swirl on top of cupcake. Cover with sprinkles.
Position pumpkin cookies on top of cupcakes.