Primped-Up Pup Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Large marshmallows
Cake serves 7.
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 32 Add to shopping list Tip: 32
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Make ear. Add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 oz. fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut ear. Let dry for several days on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Bake and cool 1 Mini Ball and 1/2 Sports Ball cake; position on foil-covered board, about 2 in. apart, for head and body. Tint fondant: 6 oz. light rose, 6 oz. dark rose. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut light rose face; position on board. Use patterns to cut dark pink bow and nose; also cut a 1 x 1 1/2 in. strip for collar and position on board between cakes. Cut dowel rods to make two 3 1/2 in. legs and 2 in. tail. Reroll light rose fondant 1/4 in. thick. Wrap dowel rods with fondant; smooth seams. Cut slit in marshmallows and insert dowel rods; position on board. Shape 1/2 x 1 3/4 in. light rose logs for feet and position on board. Roll small pointed fondant logs for eyelashes and toenails; attach with damp brush. Attach nose. Use buttercream to pipe tip 18 rosettes over leg and tail marshmallows and tip 32 rosettes on head and body cakes. Position ear; prop up with 2 stacked marshmallows. Cover ear with tip 32 rosettes. Position bow. Use wide end of decorating tip to cut circle for knot; attach with damp brush.