Pretty as a Present Cake
Making a fondant bow is an easy technique to learn. Strips of fondant are folded into loops and allowed to dry. Later you assemble the loops into a bow right on your cake top.
Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack 24 oz. of pink neededEasy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 20
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Divider Set Add to shopping list Cake Divider Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Tissue paper
Prepare 2-layer cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Cover cake with pink fondant, smooth, trim off excess fondant and reserve.
Divide cake into 8ths.
Roll out white fondant, cut eight 1/2 in. wide x 8 in. long strips.
Imprint dots on edges and zigzags on center of strips using wavy and ridged wheels of Cutter/Embosser.
Attach strips to cake at division marks with damp brush.
Cut flowers using smallest Cut-Out. Attach to cake with damp brush.
Using reserved pink fondant, roll tiny dots of fondant and attach to flower centers with damp brush.
Cut six 6 in. long x 1 in. wide strips and one 3 1/2 in. long x 1 in. wide strip from white fondant. Repeat imprinting process.
Fold 6 in. lengths in half to form loops. Roll the 3 1/2 in. length into a circle for center loop.
Lightly brush all loops ends with water to secure.
Let loops dry on their sides on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Attach loops and center to cake with damp brush.
Roll 3/4 in. diameter balls of white fondant and attach to bottom border with damp brush.
*This cake looks pretty in any pastel color-pink, blue, yellow, or green! Choose the color to match your celebration.