Prepping the Princess Cake
Tiny fondant angels help a Classic Wonder Mold lady-in-waiting cake prepare to party. Make sure everyone knows it’s her special day by using our Happy Birthday Fondant Imprint Mat and piped icing to inscribe messages on the fondant-covered skirt.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers (using black)Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment (confetti)Easy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Classic Wonder Mold Add to shopping list Classic Wonder Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Happy Birthday Fondant Imprint Mat Add to shopping list Happy Birthday Fondant Imprint Mat
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Teen Doll Pick Add to shopping list Teen Doll Pick
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 28 gauge wire (3 inches)
2-3 days in advance: Make curved front tie. Tape dry line pattern to Cake Board to achieve correct curve; cover with waxed paper. Tint 3 oz. fondant rose. Roll out small amount 1/8 in. thick; reserve remainder for decorators. Cut a 3 1/2 x 3/8 in. strip. Stand on edge over pattern and let dry 24 hours.
Also in advance: Make fondant decorators. Tint fondant: 2 oz. each blue, violet and copper, 1/2 oz. each light pink, light blue and light violet; use reserved rose fondant from curved front tie and 2 oz. white. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to each.
For each decorator you will make: cone-shaped dress, 1 1/2 x 3/4 in. wide at hem; 3/4 in. ball head; 1/2 in. ball for hat base, four 1/4 in. balls for hat top. Shape pieces and attach with fondant adhesive. Let dry overnight. Use royal icing to pipe tip 2 pull-out hair. Use FoodWriter to draw eyes and smile. Roll and attach tiny ball nose. Brush cheeks with Pearl Dust. Use light colors for wings; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut 2 wings (flip pattern for 2nd); attach with thinned fondant adhesive. Roll and flatten 3/4 in. long oval feet; attach. Roll and attach tiny ball toes. Let dry overnight.
For blue decorator: Insert 4 1/2 in. Lollipop Stick into body. Attach curved front tie to stick, leaving 2 in. exposed to insert into cake. For arms, roll 1 x 3/8 in. logs; curve and attach. Roll and flatten tiny ball hands; use knife to cut fingers. Attach.
For pink decorator: Insert stick. Roll cone-shaped decorating bag and tip; push onto stick, leaving 2 in. exposed. Roll and attach arms and hands as above. For violet decorator: Roll and attach arms and hands as above. Insert stick through 1 arm and into dress. Position confetti in hands. Reserve 1 oz. rose for waistband and back tie. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool cake. Roll out white fondant 3/8 in. thick. Use Imprint Mat to imprint design.
Prepare and cover cake with rolled fondant. Cover Doll Pick with fondant; use knife to cut and shape bodice. Use pattern to cut 2 sleeves; raise arms and attach sleeves using damp brush. Style hair and secure with wire. Insert pick into cake.
Use tip 1 and buttercream to fill in imprinted details using assorted colors. Pat larger areas smooth. Attach confetti over dots. Roll out reserved rose fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut two 4 x 3/8 in. strips; attach one for waistband, the other for curved back tie. Insert decorators.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.