Sheet & Baking Pan…
Pool Party Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Chocolate Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Large Gumballs matching colors of your favorite pool balls
Cake serves 14.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 3 in. Grecian Pillars Add to shopping list 3 in. Grecian Pillars
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
To Decorate Balls: Using royal icing, pipe details on gumballs. Use tip 1 for numbers, tip 2 for stripes, tip 3 for white spots behind numbers on solid gumballs; pat down with finger dipped in cornstarch. Position balls and cue on cake top.
To Make Pool Table: Melt candy following package directions, paint Grecian Pillars, set aside. Stack two 9 x 13 in. cake boards and tape together. Prepare board for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Roll out 1 pk. chocolate fondant and cover board. Ice 1-layer 2 in. high cake lightly in buttercream icing and prepare for fondant covering; place cake on fondant covered board. Roll chocolate fondant 1/2 in. thick and cut two 13 in. x 3/4 in. strips and two 9 in. x 3/4 in. strips. Place strips along edges of cake top to build the cushion. Reserve a small amount of chocolate fondant for handle of cue stick and for bottom border. Roll remaining chocolate fondant 1/8 in. thick and cover cake; smooth using Easy Glide Fondant Smoothers. Roll fondant into rope lengths and place along bottom border; smooth and blend into board and cake sides with fingers. Using approximately 1/8 pk. white fondant, reserve a small amount white for cue stick. tint the rest black.
Tint remaining white fondant green and roll out 1/8 in. thick; cut a 13 1/4 x 9 1/2 in. rectangle, rounding off the corners. Position on cake top and smooth edges together. At each corner and at the center of each long side, cut out pockets using the larger opening of tip 1A, remove. Cut matching pockets out of black fondant and position. Smooth edges together. Attach pillars to underside of board at the corners using melted candy.
To Make Cue: Use dowel rod and reserved white and chocolate fondant. Using a small amount of white fondant, cover end of dowel rod. Combine remaining white and chocolate fondant, roll into 4 1/2 in. log and cover other end of dowel rod. Mark impressions with side of finger. Let dry.