Pony Ride Cake
The more techniques you use, the merrier the results. A plethora of piped patterns (which we show you how to create!) make a Carousel Horse Pan cake memorable.
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
1 1/2 in. diameter round cookie
Cake serves 12.
- Carousel Horse Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 11 Add to shopping list Tip: 11
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 20 Add to shopping list Tip: 20
- Easy-Add Tip: 46 Add to shopping list Tip: 46
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
With stiffened buttercream, make 40 tip 225 drop flowers with tip 3 dot centers. Ice cookie smooth. Pipe tip 3 dot eyes and cheeks; outline mouth.
Ice sides and background areas on cake top smooth. Outline horse with tip 3 strings. Pipe in eye and nostril smooth with cornstarch.
Cover horse's face, body, legs and carousel pole with top 16 stars. Pipe tip 16 shell bridle and collar. Cover blanket with tip 46 basketweave. Edge with tip 16 C-motion borders.
Pipe in mane, tail and hooves with tip 11 shell-motion (overpipe to add dimension).
Position cookie face. Add tip 16 rosette curls and tip 3 dot fingers. Print tip 3 name.
Edge base with tip 20 C-motion border. Position flowers and trim with tip 349 leaves.