Polar Play Kids and Snowman Gingerbread Cookies
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Pretzel Sticks
- Gum drops
- granulated sugar
- Spearmint leaves candy
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Nesting Gingerbread Boys Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Gingerbread Boys Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Nesting Snowman Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Snowman Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tree Copper Cutter Add to shopping list Tree Copper Cutter
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
Prepare and roll out gingerbread dough. Cut 2 kids with the 2nd smallest cutter and snowman with the 2nd largest cutter. Cut out tree. Also cut easels for cookies; for kids cut 1 1/2 x 3/4 in. pieces, for trees, cut 3 1/2 x 2 in. pieces. Bake and cool all cookies.
For kids, pipe in snowsuits and gloves with tip 5 zigzags using royal icing (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Add tip 5 dot shoes and buttons. Pipe tip 12 ball faces (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Add tip 5 hats, building up icing to a triangle. Pipe tip 14 zigzag hatband; add tip 14 rosette pompom. Let dry. Pipe tip 1 dot eyes and string mouths.
For broom, roll out yellow gumdrop on flat surface covered with granulated sugar; cut thin strips and attach to pretzel stick with dots of icing.
For snowman's hat, roll out a green gumdrop for brim; attach a whole green gumdrop to top with icing. Attach broom and hat to kid cookies.
For snowman, cut off arms and legs. Pipe in body and head with tip 12 zigzags (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 47 (smooth side up) string scarf. Pipe tip 5 dot eyes, mouth, nose and buttons.
For trees, cut spearmint leaves in 4ths with scissors. Attach to tree cookies with dots of icing; attach in groups of 3, with 1 leaf section in the space between the other 2. Pipe tip 5 snow between branches. Bake and attach a 3 1/2 x 2 in. gingerbread easel back for each tree,
Cut easel cookies into triangle shapes. Attach to backs of kid and tree cookies with icing; let set. Position cookies.