Plush Patterns Cake
Patterned pillows will cushion the newlyweds as they take the leap into the land of matrimony! Made with the 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set, these tiers are topped with fun fondant shapes and embellished with Pearl Dust.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
Cake serves 128.
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes using firm-textured batter such as pound cake.
Tint fondant: 72 oz. ivory, 36 oz. green, 24 oz. violet, 12 oz. red.
Assemble cake layers on cut-to-fit cake boards. Ice cakes smooth. Cover top layer with ivory fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother and trim at seam. Place cake board on top of cake and carefully flip to position ivory layers at bottom. Cover top layers with tinted fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Prepare for Stacked Construction. Roll white fondant into 1/4?in. diameter ropes. Twist 2 together and attach over center seams using fondant adhesive.
For spirals, roll ropes in various lengths from 4 to 10 in. long. Brush backs with damp brush and attach. For rings, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut circles using both ends of tips 2A and 12 and narrow end of tip 1A. Reserve center cut-outs for top pillow cake. Attach with damp brush. For dots, use reserved pieces and cut additional circles using wide and narrow ends of tips. Attach.
For tassels, roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 2 x 2 1/2 in. wide rectangle. Leaving top 1/2 in. uncut, use knife to cut 1/8 in. wide slits 1 1/2 in. deep. Roll and pinch at top. Roll a 1/2 in. diameter ball; cut hole into bottom, brush with damp brush and insert tassel. Cut a 1/4 x 1 in. strip; attach over seam. Paint all white decorations with Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture.
At reception: Stack cakes.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
**The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.