Pleated Pathways Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 71.
- Oval Pan Set (All pans used)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Forever in your Eyes Figurine Add to shopping list Forever in your Eyes Figurine
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Facial tissue
- 20 in. oval foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
In advance: Prepare base board. Wrap foamcore board with foil and brush with piping gel. Tint 48 oz. of fondant rose; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut piece 2 in. larger than board. Cover board and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Reserve remaining rose fondant.
Also: Make flowers. Roll out reserved rose fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 26 large flowers using pansy cutter from Flower Making Set; cut 56 small flowers using apple blossom cutter from set. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry on small flower formers dusted with cornstarch. When dry, attach 26 small flowers to 26 large flowers with tip 3 dots of icing. Pipe tip 3 dot centers on all flowers; let dry.
Prepare 1-layer (2 in. high) cakes for Stacked Construction. Prepare and cover cakes with rolled fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders on all cakes. Make fondant drapes for all tiers; drapes will be made using the following fondant strips: For 7 in. cake, cut 6 x 12 in. strip; 10 in. cake, cut 6 x 14 in. strip; 13 in. cake, cut 6 x 17 in. strip; base board, cut 6 x 20 in. strip. Attach drapes on corresponding cakes with damp brush. Before brushing drapes with Pearl Dust, cover exposed areas of cake with facial tissue, leaving only fondant drapes uncovered. Dip dry brush in Pearl Dust and apply to drapes. Attach flowers with tip 3 dots of icing.
At reception: Position topper.
Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or topper. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.