Pinwheel Mint Cupcakes
Another cupcake gone undercover! Here it’s disguised as a wrapped piece of candy, just waiting to be eaten.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
each cupcake serves 1
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add White Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list White Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Paring Knife
In advance: Make wrapper ends. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 6 oz. white fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick; cut two 1 x 3 in. long strips. Ruffle strips by folding in thirds; pinch end. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board. Cut lollipop sticks to 2 1/2 in.; attach wrapper end to lollipop stick with fondant adhesive, leaving 1 1/2 in. extended. Let dry.
Ice cupcakes smooth. For mint spirals, roll out red fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut three 1 1/2 x 1/8 in. strips and three 1 1/2 x 1/2 in. strips that taper to 1/4 in. wide. Position on cupcake in swirl formation.
Roll a 1/4 in. dot; attach at center with damp brush. Insert wrapper ends in cupcake.